Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Post B

"but what I did know was that I lived in a world that at any moment could erupt into fire. It was the sort of knowledge that kept you on your toes."(34) Jeanette seems to finally be realizing how stressful this fast moving lifestyle can be. I liked how she compared it to fire. Her first memory. And actually as I read this she is just about right. Her life moves at a pace that travels as fast as fire spreads. I think that if she had a choice that she would choose to stay rooted in one spot. Moving all the time has its disadvantages. You can't make close friends with anyone because the next day you could be moving and she wouldn't have a chance to say goodbye to her friends. I think her parents are affecting her way f how to deal with relationships. Jeanette is afraid to get close to anyone who isn't her family because she is afraid of losing them. She is going by the philosophy of never having to love means never having to lose. Jeanette may struggle with trust and getting clos to someone in the future. But I can understand her reasoning behind it. Her parents are teaching her how to handle relationships and that being sentimental does nothing for anybody. Crying over something is pointless because crying won't bring it back. I don't think they realize that crying is a way of letting built up emotions out.Instead Jeanette will have to find another way to let her built up tension out.

No comments: