Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Post B

"Grandma would yell at her telling her not to let that worthless horse's ass not to take her gandchildren. Mom would shrug and say ther's nothing she could do about it; he was her husband."(20)- This passage represents a common theme in life of children rebeling against thier parents. However I viewed this as how strong of love these people have for one another. The mom was willing to leave the comfort and security of money and having another person to take care of her children to support her husband's decision. I think that if she truly didn't love this man, that she would have left him a long time ago. He doesn't have a decent job to keep a steady income, and the family is being constantly uprooted as soon as they get settled somewhere. She has to love her husband a lot, as well as love the lifestyle they lead not to leave her husband. I don't think I would be happy having to move all the time. I would also be constantly worried about the money supply annd how I will be able to leave my children. This woman has clearly found her inner-peace and as a result is able to live in rough situations and actually enjoy them. I admire her for being so care-free. I would go back to live with my parents if I was in an extreme financial situation. I would never be able to live a happy life with the stress of money and not being able to stay grounded in one place for more than a few months.

No comments: