Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Post A

insidious-intended to entrap
avert-to turn away

"I had begun to feel as unsettled by it as a bug realizing a two-legged creature.... staring it down nonetheless"-simile because it uses the word as to compare.

"when my own meager project was a mere dwarf next to the giant of his career"-This is personification, giving projects the ability to have height.

"As I tried to strike the right note in my response...loud in my ear were John's words..."-This is a metaphor. It compares music to words without using like or as.

"..But for a wife to hide from her husband seemed incorrect to me somehow."(45) I thought this quote was significant because I think that in a way it describes how some beliefs, old and new, never change as years pass.

A theme that is apparent in this book, is a theme of husband and wife being seen as one in society.

No comments: