Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Post B

(37)"'And, of course, his words did carry great weight: the victim's brother sympathizing with her killer."'Emma's husband John, is talking about the reason her pen pal Chance wood was put into jail. He was said to have killed his wife. At the trial the victim's brother was not at all anfry towards his sister's killer. It didn't seem like she was a very well liked person. If her own flesh and blood wasn't mournful about her death, and her life partner was her killer, she was probably hated by society in general. I know that some families will disown/alienate other family members if they commit a heinous crime. However, I get the feeling that this woman was more of an annoyance, than a criminal. I know I have people who drive me crazy, but I wouldn't ever take a knife to them. I also believe that maybe Chance should have taken the time to get to know his wife better. If she was really that annoying couldn't he have just divorced her, so maybe Chance had a secret and she must have found out? I also think that if you have a life partner, shouldn't one know about secrets this big then? In that case, Maybe Mrs. Wood should have taken the time to get to know her husband a little bit better. I know we all have secrets we keep from one another, but this type of secret sounds too big, not to include one's spouse in it, or at least let them know about it. This also sounds like an act of stupidity on both Mr. and Mrs. Wood's part. They shouldn't have rushed things. Who knows? Maybe she would have been able to be alive in the book.

1 comment:

edinacaitlin said...

im going to make a fur coat out of you. ;)

you are such a funny person.
<3