Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Soundtrack

I chose the character Telemachus to find a theme song to fit to. The song "I will follow you into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie seemed to fit best. This song is about death and hope. The words "Then I will follow you into the Dark" in the song fit the need for Telemachus to find closure about his father. How he is willing to sail the sea just to hear news about Odysseyus. It seems that Telemachus is willing to do almost anything for his father. Telemachus interests me in that he is willing to go on a treachjerous journey for the hope of Odysseyus. Telemachus is gaining courage while traveling on his voyage, and I think that by the end of the novel, he will have gone from shy to very outspoken. I thibk that by following Odysseyus into the dark, Telemachus will be able to find his inner voice. I picked this song because it is about hope and death, both of which are strong themes in The Odyssey. Death Cab for Cutie has a calm, very relaxing voice. They took a serious subject such as death and turned it into hopeful sounding, which is what Telemachus is looking for; Hope.

No comments: